Amanda’s Hodge Podge: What are you doing over Reading Break?
A list of crazy, normal, boring, and courageous things students might do over reading week:
1) Sleep the week away and wake up not knowing they did.
2) Travel to Mexico for three nights and stay at a 2 star hotel (because they won the excursion of course).
3) Go skiing and break a body part, or maybe not.
4) Watch Tv until they turn green.
5) Go to Cambodia or another third-world country and try to do some good.
6) Work, work, work . . .
7) Do homework, ya right.
8) Stress about the week after reading break, and the week after that.
9) You could drive around looking for burning buildings to save orphans from, or you could just say you didn’t find any, but you tried.
10) Get drunk and stay drunk for 7 days.
11) Take an interesting or not-so-interesting vacation (Jamaica, your house, a barn, whatever).
12) A random road trip to Mount Rushmore.
13) Go to Florida to check out the baseball camps.
At the beginning of the year, almost everyone has some grand scheme or plan for making their spring break the best ever! It usually involves a big group of people and a road trip or plane trip to some place that will be crowded with other college spring breakers.
Whatever, your ideal break is remember, the most important thing is you will NOT be doing any school work. You might think it will happen, and you might want it to happen, but unless you desperately need to do work to catch up in a class you’re doing poorly in, please please please leave the books at school! That way, you can relax and come back refreshed and better able to do your school work, lol. Too funny. It’s not like you’re going to want to do it anyway, so you might as well make the most of it and enjoy the week off.
Also if you guys have any crazy Reading week stories you’d like to share with us we’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.